Rankings and Distinctions
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) ranks the IU School of Nursing number 31 among universities who receive funding from the NIH.
We are the first schoo in the nation to be designated an NLN Center of Excellence in Nursing Education in two categories. -
|Creating Environments that Promote
the Pedagogical Expertise of Faculty
|Creating Environments that Advance
the Science of Nursing Education
US News & World Report 2016 Graduate School Rankings for 2016:
- DNP ranks #1 in the state of Indiana and in the top 20 of public universities nationwide
- MSN programs rank #1 in the state of Indiana and in the top 20 of public universities nationwide
Almost 40% of the baccalaureate-prepared professional nurses in Indiana graduate from the IU School of Nursing each year.
Many of our faculty are distinguished with fellowships in national nursing organizations:
Twenty-three Fellows of the American Academy of Nursing
From left, Mary Beth Riner, Sue Rawl, Janet Carpenter, Joan Haase, Pam Ironside, Robin Newhouse, Claire Draucker, Vicky Champion, Susan Pressler, Diane Von An, and Joyce Welch. The complete list is below.
Janet S. Carpenter
Victoria L. Champion
Claire Burke Draucker
Mary Beth Riner
Three Fellows of the National League for Nursing
Kristina Thomas Dreifuerst
Judith A. Halstead
Three Fellows of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
Our T32 Training in Behavioral Health Research program has been funded for over 20 consecutive years.
Many of our faculty are editors of national publications:
- Janet Fulton is the Editor of Clinical Nurse Specialist - The International Journal for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Sheri Robb is the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Music Therapy
- Kristina Dreifuerst is the Associate Editor for Clinical Simulation in Nursing
- Joyce Pittman is the Deputy Editor of the Journal of Wound Ostomy & Continence Nursing