Rankings and Distinctions
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) ranks the IU School of Nursing number 14 among universities who receive funding from the NIH.
We are the first school in the nation to be designated an NLN Center of Excellence in Nursing Education in two categories— Advance the Science of Nursing Education and Promote the Pedagogical Expertise of Faculty
- US News & World Report 2016 Graduate School Rankings for 2016:
- DNP ranks #1 in the state of Indiana and in the top 20 of public universities nationwide
- MSN programs rank #1 in the state of Indiana and in the top 20 of public universities nationwide
Almost 40% of the baccalaureate-prepared professional nurses in Indiana graduate from the IU School of Nursing each year.
Many of our faculty are distinguished with fellowships in national nursing organizations:
Twenty-two Fellows of the American Academy of Nursing
From left, Mary Beth Riner, Sue Rawl, Janet Carpenter, Joan Haase, Pam Ironside, Robin Newhouse, Claire Draucker, Vicky Champion, Susan Pressler, Diane Von An, and Janet Welch. The complete list is below.
Janet S. Carpenter
Victoria L. Champion
Claire Burke Draucker
Mary Beth Riner
Five Members of Sigma Theta Tau International Nurse Researcher Hall of Fame
Marion E. Broome
Ten Fellows of the National League for Nursing
Diane Billings (Honorary Fellow)
Judith A. Halstead
Angela McBride (Honorary Fellow)
Lillian Stokes (Honorary Fellow)
Three Fellows of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
Susan J. Moore
Our T32 Training in Behavioral Health Research program has been funded for over 20 consecutive years.
Many of our faculty are editors of national publications:
- Janet Fulton is the editor of Clinical Nurse Specialist - The International Journal for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Sheri Robb is the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Music Therapy
- Joyce Pittman is the deputy editor of the Journal of Wound Ostomy & Continence Nursing