Doctor of Nursing Practice
37 credit hours
Professional Coursework (37 credits)*
- D736 Inquiry I: Evidence-based Research and Translation Science (fall - 1) (3 cr)
- D751 Knowledge Complexity (fall - 1) (3 cr)
- D749 DNP Practicum (each semester) (7 cr)**
- D751 Relationship-centered Leadership in Complex Systems (spring - 1) (3 cr)
- D743 Influencing Public Health Policy (spring - 1) (3 cr)
- I630 Introduction to Nursing Informatics (summer - 1) (3 cr)
- Elective (summer -1) (3 cr)
- D615 Health Care Outcomes and Decision-making (fall - 2) (3 cr)
- D735 Clinical Epidemiology/Statistics in Nursing (fall - 2) (3 cr)
- D744 Strategic Resource Management in Nursing and Health Systems (spring - 2) (3 cr)
- Elective course (spring - 2) (3 cr)
There are a number of certificate options available. Your electives may be used to meet certificate course requirements.
D749Leadership Immersion Experience-I
|Total Credit Hours||7.0|
D669Statistical Analysis & Managerial Economics
|Total Credit Hours||6.0|
|Total Credit Hours||14.0|
*Full-time study is completed in five semesters. Certificate coursework may add time to your program.
**A total of seven credit hours of practicum coursework will be required of students to meet the 1000 hour post-baccalaureate practice requirement for the DNP degree. These practicum credits are focused on leadership development, on-campus case studies, and student-chosen immersion experiences. The ratio is five clock hours to one credit hour per week for a total of 75 clock hours per credit per semester.