One-day lecture series focused on improving the health of populations in Indiana and beyond.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR AND SAVE THE DATE!
If you enjoyed the 100th Anniversary Distinguished Lectureship event, wished you had been able to attend, or heard about the great response we had to our speakers and day-long format, you can now enjoy the same great format with a new lineup of exciting speakers and highly relevant topics!
On Friday, April 29, 2016, the IU School of Nursing invites you to join us for a one-day lecture series focusing on improving the health of populations in Indiana and beyond. Whether you are interested in leadership, diversity and minority health, patient engagement, infectious disease, nursing education, or general improvement of the health of our most at-risk populations, this event will give you insight and information to take to your practice area and your own life! Nurses and health professionals working in any practice area will benefit from learning about how efforts across settings and populations can effect positive changes in the health of our nation.
Date: Friday, April 29, 2016
Location: NCAA National Headquarters Conference Center, Indianapolis, IN
Event Title: Cultivating Healthy Populations: Inspiring a Collective Vision
Our featured speakers for this event include:
- Dr. Debra Barksdale, Associate Dean for Academic Programs, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Dr. Marion Broome, Dean, Duke University School of Nursing
- Dr. Virginia Caine, MD, Director, Marion County Department of Health
- Dr. Karen Drenkard, Chief Clinical and Nursing Officer, GetWellNetwork
- Dr. Linda Q. Everett, previous Chief Nursing Executive, IU Health
- Dr. Victoria Niederhauser, Dean, University of Tennessee-Knoxville, School of Nursing
After attending this activity, participants will be able to:
1. Identify opportunities to improve population health across practice settings
2. Discuss strategies for engaging patients and clinicians to promote population health
Continuing nursing education contact hours will be awarded to interested attendees. Visit our website for continued updates about registration and event details, and to sign up for the mailing list to make sure you receive information as soon as it is available.