Doctor of Nursing Practice
Are you Ready to Apply to the IUSON's DNP Program?
A life-changing student experience awaits you! Enrolling in IUSON's DNP program is so much more than just taking classes. It's a life-changing, integrative experience that propels your growth, both in and out of the classroom.
DNP Admission Criteria
- Have earned a Master of Science in Nursing (MS in nursing or MSN) degree from an NLNAC, ACEN, or CCNE accredited program with a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Have completed graduate level preparation in statistics (3 credit hours with a grade of B- or higher)
- Possess an unencumbered RN license in your state of practice
DNP Application Packet Materials
Applicants will submit the online DNP application and provide the following required supporting materials via upload to that application or by submitting them directly to the Graduate Advisor for Doctoral Programs:
- Official transcripts from all prior earned degrees
- Documentation of masters clinical hours completed
- Three references indicating ability to succeed in DNP program, including at least one from a nurse faculty member who has knowledge of the applicant's academic ability
- Personal statement indicating your ability to succeed in the DNP (2-3 pages double-spaced)
- Current resume or CV
- Copy of your current, unencumbered RN license and any certifications held
- If applicant’s native language is not English, submission of proof of English proficiency by taking the "Test of English as a Foreign Language" (TOEFL)
There are special application procedures for International Applicants who are not citizens of the United States or who have had their previous schooling outside the United States. Refer to IUSON Policy and the guidelines of the Office of International Affairs for admission study in the United States.