At the IU School of Nursing, we recognize the rapidly increasing diversity of America and of higher education. Our faculty and staff are committed to programs and activities that promote an educational environment that values, respects, and reflects a global view of diversity. To fulfill this commitment, we strive to:
- Promote curriculum content that reflects a commitment to diversity
- Develop a comprehensive academic success model
- Recruit and retain students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds
- Establish and maintain links to the diverse communities of the city, the state, the nation, and the world
- Identify resources that support diversity, promote academic excellence, and enrich our academic environment
- Promote research that reflects commitment to cultural diversity
- Promote culturally competent practice among students, graduates, and faculty
The Office of Diversity and Enrichment provides support programs to all IUSON students to be successful in nursing school. We provide diversity programs throughout the year that embrace multiculturalism and offer cultural enrichment to faculty, staff, students, and the Indianapolis community.
To learn more about the programs offered through the IUSON Office of Diversity and Enrichment and how you can get involved, please view our list of programs or contact Marsha Baker, Director of Diversity and Enrichment.