Qualified Medication Aide (QMA) Instructor Training
Minimum Qualifications for Institutions to Train Qualified Medication AidesThe following information is taken from the Qualified Medication Aide Basic Curriculum Instructor’s Guide October 2003, Operational Standards.
Standard 1: Qualificiations for Training Entity
- Each training entity offering the QMA program will have a qualified program instructor who:
- is a Registered Nurse (RN) currently licensed and practicing in the State of Indiana;
- has a minimum of two years of licensed nurse experience including at least one year in the provision of long term care facility services;
- has documented proof of completion of an ISDH approved training course; and
- has a letter of approval from the ISDH prior to beginning the QMA program.
This is not a complete list. For complete information, contact the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) at (317) 233-1325.