Strategic Plan 2016-2021
The Strategic Planning Committee, comprised of a cross-section of faculty and staff, have worked hard to identify, develop, and refine our areas of focus and key organizational strategies for the next five years. With input and feedback gathered from our community, faculty, and staff, and external data sources, we selected focus areas and strategies to advance IUSON's progress in becoming a preeminent leader in nursing education and research in the United States.
Focus Area #1: Educate nurses prepared to deliver state-of-the-art care, conduct cutting edge research, and lead significant healthcare improvements in Indiana and beyond.
- Evaluate IUSON academic curricula for relevancy by matching our programs to national demands and priorities.
- Optimize resource allocation to create viable, high quality programs that meet the public needs for nursing care.
- Create educational programs and teaching strategies that are efficient, innovative, and effective.
- Grow our culture of excellence in education as evidenced in faculty as exceptional educators and academic leaders.
- Renew focus on attracting high quality, diverse students for all educational programs with an emphasis on graduate programs.
Focus Area #2: Recruit and retain high-quality faculty and staff.
- Renew focus on attracting and retaining faculty and staff.
- Promote a positive, collaborative culture
Focus Area #3: Be a national leader in innovative science to improve patient outcomes.
- Maximize Office of Research Support (ORS) resources across the continuum from idea to dissemination.
- Strengthen portfolio of externally funded resaerch to improve patient outcomes in Indiana, the nation, and the world.
- Increase breadth and depth of research funding from sources that provide indirect funds.
- Accelerate translation of research into practice and curriculum.
- Seek funding for and implement more competitive recruitment and retention packages for full-time research faculty.
Focus Area #4: Cultivate internal and external partnerships and initiatives to advance future approaches to research, education, and service.
- Create IUSON Partnership and Innovation Team
- Develop collaborative partnerships based on IUSON mission, vision, areas of excellence, and needs of stakeholders locally, natinoally, and globally.
- Deliver innovative services to external markets, focused on IUSON areas of excellence.
- Develop partnerships to support advocacy efforts that enhance the health and well-being of Hoosiers.
- Expand international initiatives in nursing education, research, and service.