Rankings and Distinctions
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) ranks the IU School of Nursing number 24 among universities who receive funding from the NIH.
We are the first school in the nation to be designated an NLN Center of Excellence in Nursing Education in two categories— Advance the Science of Nursing Education and Promote the Pedagogical Expertise of Faculty
- US News & World Report 2017 Graduate School Rankings for 2017:
- DNP is #1 in the state of Indiana and in the top 10% of the schools ranked.
- MSN program is #1 in the state of Indiana and in the top 12% of schools ranked.
Almost 40% of the baccalaureate-prepared professional nurses in Indiana graduate from the IU School of Nursing each year.
Many of our faculty are distinguished with fellowships in national nursing organizations:
Twenty-three Fellows of the American Academy of Nursing
From left, Mary Beth Riner, Sue Rawl, Janet Carpenter, Joan Haase, Pam Ironside, Robin Newhouse, Claire Draucker, Vicky Champion, Susan Pressler, Diane Von An, and Janet Welch.
Complete List of Fellows
Janet S. Carpenter
Victoria L. Champion
Claire Burke Draucker
Mary Beth Riner
Five Members of Sigma Theta Tau International Nurse Researcher Hall of Fame
Marion E. Broome
Ten Fellows of the National League for Nursing
Diane Billings (Honorary Fellow)
Judith A. Halstead
Angela McBride (Honorary Fellow)
Lillian Stokes (Honorary Fellow)
Three Fellows of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
Susan J. Moore
Our T32 Training in Behavioral Health Research program has been funded for over 20 consecutive years.
Many of our faculty are editors of national publications:
- Janet Fulton is the editor of Clinical Nurse Specialist - The International Journal for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Sheri Robb is the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Music Therapy
- Joyce Pittman is the deputy editor of the Journal of Wound Ostomy & Continence Nursing